SNAP MEDICAL INDUSTRIES, LLC
Effective Date: April 20, 2023
Your access to and use of our Services may be subject to terms and conditions of sale associated with certain products. If so, such terms and conditions will be located on our Site, which may be altered from time to time.
Our Services may change from time to time. As a result, we reserve the right to update or modify this Policy at any time and from time to time without prior notice. If we make any material changes to the way we process your Personal Information, we will notify you before such changes are effective. If you object to any changes you must cease using our Services. We recommend you review this Policy periodically. This Policy became effective on the date indicated at the top of this page. Your continued use of our Services after any changes or revisions to this Policy indicates your agreement to the terms of the revised Policy.
Collection of Personal Information. When you use our Services, we may collect or receive Personal Information about you to provide our services and operate our business. The types of Personal Information that we may collect about you are:
Information You Provide to Us Directly.
You may provide your Personal Information to us when you use our Services, including when you register with Snap, use our Site, or place orders through our Services, contact us with inquiries, respond to surveys, or otherwise access our Services. This information may include:
- User Profile – We collect profile associated with your customer account with us. This includes information such as name, email address, delivery address, billing address, licensing and medical provider information, license numbers, DEA numbers, and/or phone numbers.
- Order Details – When you place an order through our Services we collect information related to that order.
- Payment Information – Payment information is collected such as bank name and payment method.
- Surveys – From time-to-time, we invite our customers and users to participate in surveys or contests. When a customer or a user participates, we request certain Personal Information such as name and email address.
Information Received From You as Part of Your Communications
When you use our Services (for example on our Site), complete electronic forms, or contact us, by online chat, email, phone or text, we may automatically collect and store certain information about you and the activity you engaged in, for example: your name and contact information; your order details; information that you voluntarily provide to us; the nature of your communication; the purpose of the interaction, and the action we took in response to your inquiry or request.
Information Collected Automatically
We also may receive and store certain information about you and your device(s) automatically when you access or use our Site and Services. This information may include:
- Technical Information – We collect technical information associated with your activity on our Site and may include information related to your browser and operating system, IP address (the Internet address of your computer) unique device identifiers, and other information such as your device type. We use such information for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer our Services.
- Site Usage Information – We collect information to better understand customer traffic patterns and Site usage. This may include the webpage that you were visiting before accessing our Site or mobile application, the pages or features of our Site or mobile application you browsed to inform us which part of our Site, mobile application, and Services you visit and how much time you spend there. This information is used to analyze and improve our Site and to provide our customers with a better user experience.
When you use the Services, we may collect general location information (such as IP address). If you permit the Services to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“Platform”) or browser, we may also collect the precise location of your device when a mobile device app is running in the foreground or background of your device. This information may be used to help you select your delivery address, to provide more accurate deliveries of your orders, to provide recommendations to you, and to enhance your user experience and improve the services. You can choose whether to enable the location tracking feature through the settings on your device or Platform or when prompted by a mobile app. If you choose to disable the location feature, delivery drivers will not receive precise location information from your device, which may compromise the accuracy of deliveries in some situations, for instance, if you are located in a large area, such as a park.
Personal Information from Publicly Available Sources and Third Parties
We may collect or receive Personal Information about you from publicly available sources, social network providers, marketing partners, and/or third parties. This may include:
Social Network Information – We may receive information about you from other services. For example, we receive certain information from Facebook when you use their service to login to Snap.
Demographic Information – This characteristic information could include information such as income, marital status, spending habits, and other information pertaining to customers.
Cookies. Cookies are small web files that a site or its provider transfers to your device’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site’s or provider’s system to recognize your browser and remember certain information.
- to make our Services function properly;
- to improve our Services;
- to recognize you when you return to Snap and to remember information you have already provided, such as items already in your order cart;
- to collect information about your activities over time and across third party websites or other online services in order to deliver content and advertising tailored to your interests; and
- to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Services.
Depending on whether you would like to manage a first-party or third-party cookie, you will need to take the following steps:
- Web Beacons. Web beacons, also known as web bugs, pixel tags, or clear GIFs, are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Site to deliver or communicate with cookies, in order to track and measure the performance of our Site and Services, monitor how many web visitors we have, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, web beacons are typically embedded invisibly on webpages (or in an email).
- Online Analytics and Advertising Technologies. We and our third-party vendors may use automated technologies (including cookie identifiers on our Site), along with other collected information, to tailor ads or deliver content when you are on our Services or on other devices, apps or websites.
- Interest-Based Advertising. We (or our service providers) may use the information we collect, for instance, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers, to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computers), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices. If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your device settings. We may also use cross-device targeting to help identify our users and serve advertising. This type of advertising is often called “interest-based” or “personalized” advertising and when it occurs on mobile apps, “cross-app” advertising.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising by visiting (i) the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link or (ii) the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive advertisements from us. However, in that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs.
Depending on your permissions, we may receive your Personal Information from your Internet service and mobile device providers. Users of mobile device who do not want to receive interest-based advertising may opt-out in several ways. Learn more about your choices for mobile devices by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. Each operating system, (iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices) provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You should view your device or system “Settings” to determine how you can opt out of use of your device ID for “cross-app” personalized advertising.
Use of Your Personal Information. We may use the information we collect or receive about you for various purposes.
To Provide You With Our Services
We use your information to provide you the Services. For example, we use credit card information to complete a transaction or an address to fulfill your delivery. If the applicable information is to be provided or Service is to be performed by a third party, then we will disclose the applicable Personal Information to the third party providing the information or performing applicable Services. Your information may be available or provided to third-party service providers and that are contractually obligated to protect your information as disclosed in this Policy.
To Maintain, Improve, and Personalize the Services
We use your information for our everyday business operations such as auditing, administration of the Services, forum management, fulfillment, and analytics. Your information may also be used to improve the content and/or functionality of the Services. For example, it may be used to help us and/or our Merchants improve our offerings. We also use your information to personalize your experience. For example, we may personalize the content and features you see when visiting our Services. In addition, we may personalize advertisements, marketing communications, and recommendations to make them more tailored to your interests.
To Communicate with You
We use your information to communicate with you. For example, we may send you emails and/or text messages (unless you opt out) or other notifications about the status of your orders and deliveries. We may also contact you with promotional offerings or other communications that may be of interest to you. If we send you marketing emails about services that may interest you, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing or other communications. In the event you contact us, we use certain information to respond to your questions and assist you with any issues that may arise in your use of the Services.
For Account and Network Security Purposes
We care about keeping you secure and safe while using our Services. Keeping you safe requires us to process your Personal Information, such as your device information, activity information and other relevant information. We use such information to combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not gain access to your information.
To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Our Services are subject to certain laws and regulations which may require us to process your Personal Information. For example, we process your Personal Information to pay our taxes, to fulfill our business obligations, ensure compliance with employment and recruitment laws or as necessary to manage risk as required under applicable law.
To Enforce Compliance with Our Terms and Conditions and Policies
When you access or use our Services, you are bound to our Terms and Conditions and this Policy. To ensure you comply with them, we process your Personal Information by actively monitoring, investigating, preventing and mitigating any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Services. We also process your Personal Information to: investigate, prevent or mitigate violations of our internal terms, agreements or policies; enforce our agreements with third parties and business partners.
To Protect You, Others, and Our Business
We use your information to protect you, others, and our business, including, without limitation, using information for fraud prevention, for enforcement of our Terms of Service, to comply with the law, and to protect against security risks.
For Our Business Purposes
We may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information, or otherwise with your consent.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties. Your Personal Information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as described below.
We may share your information with our third-party service providers for certain business purposes. This information is provided in order for them to provide us services such as payment processing, advertising services, marketing partners, web analytics, data processing, IT services, customer support and other services. These third-party service providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
Shipping Providers and Merchants
To help provide you with a high-quality delivery we also may share your information, including your Personal Information and order details, with the shipping/delivery services who complete your requested deliveries. Similarly, we may share your name, phone number, order information, customer feedback and other information related to your orders with Snap merchants.
We may share your information with our affiliates (entities that control or are under the control of Snap) for business purposes. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Policy with regard to their use of your information.
When Required by Law
We recognize that information related to your orders could contain private information. However, we may be required to disclose your information to third parties including law enforcement agencies when required to protect and defend our legal rights, protect the safety and security of users of our Services, prevent fraud, comply with the law, respond to legal process, or a request for cooperation by a government entity.
In the event of sale, transfer, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
With Your Consent
We also may share or disclose your information with your consent or at your direction.
Security. Snap has implemented administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard Personal Information. However, no online activity is ever fully secure or error-free. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information is absolutely secure. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to Snap. Please recognize that protecting your Personal Information is also your responsibility. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your information when you are on the Internet, or when you communicate with us and with other through the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account might have been compromised), or if you suspect someone else is using your account, please let us know immediately by contacting us as indicated in the Contact Us section below.
Data Retention. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Third-Party Sites. Some of the functionality may be provided by third parties and the Services may link to other third-party websites that are not controlled by Snap. These third parties are not under our control and Snap is not responsible for their privacy policies or practices. If you provide any Personal Information to any third party or through any such third-party website, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies and practices of that third party.
Social Media Usage. You may choose to enable or log in to our Services via various online services, including social networking services like Facebook and Google. Our Services also may enable you to access social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram (collectively, “Social Network”) directly or indirectly through our Services. When you link a Social Network account to Snap or log into our Services using your Social Network account (if available), we may collect relevant Personal Information necessary to enable our Services to access that Social Network and your data contained within that Social Network. We also may share your information with the operator of that Social Network to facilitate or enhance delivery of that Social Network or other services to you. A Social Network may provide us with access to certain information that you have provided to them, and we will use, store, and disclose such information in accordance with this Policy. Additionally, a Social Network may collect Personal Information and information about your use of our Site or Services automatically. The manner in which a Social Network collects, uses, stores, and discloses your information is governed by the policies of such third parties and Snap shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any Social Network that may be enabled within our Services. You may also have the option of posting your activities on our Services and other content to a Social Network when you access content through our Services. For example, you may post to Facebook that you placed an order with Snap. Keep in mind that your usage of Social Network features is governed by applicable Social Networks and not by Snap, and may be visible or accessible to the public.
Children’s Information. Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s Personal Information.
Your Choices. We provide our customers and their authorized agents with the ability to access and delete Personal Information. In order to exercise these rights you must login to your account to confirm your identity, which helps us ensure that Personal Information is only made accessible to appropriate parties. Customers will not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising their rights and can return to the service after deleting their information.
- Your Rights. This section lists the privacy-related rights (“Rights”) we extend to all Snap customers. Your right to know and right to deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of our systems.
- Right to Know – You have the right to know the Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you.
- Right to Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected from you or maintain about you. We may save Personal Information when permitted by applicable law including, without limitation, when the information is needed for a legal purpose.
- Right to Rectification – If you are a registered Snap user you may modify certain of your Personal Information by logging into our Site using your username and password and visiting the “Account” page. Registered Snap users may also access the “Account” page to manage their subscriptions.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information – You have the right to opt-out of having your Personal Information sold. Snap does not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties.
- Right to Non-Discrimination – Snap will not discriminate against those who exercise their Rights. Specifically, if you exercise your Rights, we will not deny you goods or Services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services or provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
- Asserting Your Rights – You may exercise your right to know or your right to deletion by contacting us at email@example.com. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request to know or a request to delete. In order to be able to act, authorized agents have to submit proof that they are authorized to act on your behalf or have a power of attorney. We may deny requests from authorized agents who do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
International Users. Snap is based in the United States and, regardless of where you use our Services, the information collected as part of that use will be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the United States. Any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with U.S. privacy laws, regulations, and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Services, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
Contact Us. Snap welcomes your questions and comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.